Thursday, January 6, 2011

Poem

At the dinner table the other night I found out that my 11 year old sister, Aubrynn, and my brother-in-law Jon, made a poem for me while I was gone during the summer at Ellerslie. Each week they wrote one stanza. There are only 7 stanzas, so I guess they only did it for 7 weeks. I got a kick out of it and thought I'd share it. :)
~So fresh and so new~
These thing you're about to do,
But don't worry, Jesus knows
And soon it will be week two!
~So you survived week one~
Maybe even had a little fun
We miss you a lot, you know
So tell us when you're done!
~How was your time~
And how was week two?
How were you classes
And what did you do?
~We miss you a lot~
And all that you do
And don't ever forget
We love you!
~So how is your church~
And how is your school?
When students see you
Do they think you're cool!
(at which point I burst out laughing!)
~When you are homesick~
When you are sad
Remember you're there for God
Not anything bad!
~We hope you are good~
We hope you are fine
And when you're in the other state
We hope you have an awesome time!
I love my family! :) They bring such joy to my heart!

3 comments:

  1. Haha.....Jon who??? Whosiwhatsit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. your husband, jon....you know my, brother in law? you're married to him...he's the father of your child!

    ReplyDelete