Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Is he really gonna miss me?

My two youngest siblings-Aubrynn and Dane- like to take turns sleeping on the floor in my room or my sister's room. The other night they were both in my sisters room and I came upstairs and crawled in between them on the floor to snuggle. As we were talking, Dane (7) was telling me what he wanted to be when he grew up. "I want to be a pastor and when I'm not preaching, I want to be a struction worker." (Construction worker is what he meant) Aubrynn (11) and I were trying hard not to laugh. I asked them if they were going to miss me this summer while I'm gone. Immediately they both said yes. The two of them were debating who would get my room for the summer. I said, "Well according to Tate (our 17 year old brother), he's getting my room, but I don't think that's going to happen." And Dane looked at me and asked, "Wait, Oowa (that's what he calls me), how long are you gone for?", "I'll be gone 11 weeks". and He responds, "Awww, man! I wish you were gone 12 weeks". Aubrynn and I started cracking up and I pretended to be hurt, "Why Dane?". He said, "because if you were gone 12 weeks, then Aubrynn could get your room for six weeks and I could get our room for the rest of the 6 weeks." Nice, huh? My younger siblings are trying to get dibs on my room...that's basically all they talk about when they talk about me leaving. I feel so loved ;). Oh how I'm gonna miss those goobers.

6 comments:

  1. Aw, adorable! :) hehe!
    My little brother has threatened to take over my room, mainly for my queen-sized bed. haha! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! I know what ya mean, sister. My room is the topic of conversation pretty often too. We dont have any extra rooms so while Im gone mine is becoming the guest room. I wouldnt mind so much if I wasnt such a perfectionist who gets her room just the way she likes it and then wants it to stay that way and only change if she changes it. :)
    Hopefully I wont lose too much sleep over the state of my room this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! Yep, I know what you mean, My little sister Bridgette has claimed my room already! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, as they will certainly enjoy your room while you're gone, we will certainly enjoy your presence at Ellerslie!!! :) As far as the occupancy of my room... my cats claimed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol. I can totally relate! My sister and I share a room, so she'll use it this summer while I'm gone, but my siblings are already talking about who will get our room once we both get married. = D

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Can't totally see that conversation happening!! Maybe I should I should try to get a week in your room! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete