Friday, May 28, 2010

Last Day- thoughts & verses

Well, today is my last day at home. I leave for Colorado tomorrow! I cannot believe how fast times has flown. Almost a year ago I first found out about this school, got accepted and God has taught me so much about Himself these past 7 months. He's shown me in more ways how desperately I need Him, my Savior. On Sunday, I was a nervous wreck, but God has given me such a great peace this past week- it really is a peace that surpasses understanding. I have felt so calm. I know I'm only leaving for 11 weeks, but I know theses next 11 weeks are going to be life changing. Which is exciting, but being a disciple for the Lord and completely dying and denying self and picking up my cross for Christ, is not easy, and to be completely honest, it's sometimes scary. But it's all that my soul really desires right now. A friend shared a verse with me the other day and as I looked the passage up I read the verses before and after and have been clinging fast to them;
"For You are my lamp, O Lord, and my God lightens my darkness. For by You I can run against a troop, and by my God I can leap over a wall. This God- His way is perfect the word of the Lord proves true; He is a shield for all those who take refuge in Him.
For who is God, but the Lord? and who is a rock,
except our God? This God is my strong refuge
and has made my way blameless.
He made my feet like the feet of a deer and set me secure on the heights.
He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
You have given me the shield of Your salvation,
and Your gentleness made me great."
-2 Samuel 22:29-36
God has been continually proving His faithfulness to me. If I had to say so far out of this whole experience what the Lord has revealed to me about Himself is that He has proven to me in a greater way His faithfulness-despite my unfaithfulness. His mercy and grace- that I CANNOT live without. His love and forgiveness that always takes me back and accepts me- despite my unworthiness and sin. And Jesus' death and sacrifice which has made me worthy of all these things. It blows my mind. :) Lamentations 3 says,
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
His mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.
'The Lord is my portion," says my soul,
therefore I will hope in Him.'
The Lord is good to hose who wait for Him,
to the soul who seeks Him."
I have recieved 2,000.00 unexpected dollars towards my school tuition in the past 3 months! WOW!!! I have been so humbled. And I've thought, if God has provided for me financially, how much more will he provide for my physical and spiritual needs.
"Oh, Lord, You carried me and just like a soldier, You battle for my soul. But more like a Father, You come and take me home. What is the worth of a man living for himself with a heart of his own. And every day goes in and out, and still without a sign of life, but Father wont you please give me more...I know You set me free on the day You died for me...this Man that calls me by name and covers Himself with all of my shame, but not even death could make You surrender." -Bebo Norman, 'Soldier'
Thank you all for your love, support and prayers! I have felt them tremendously. May the Lord bless you all and I cannot wait to return home to be with you again. I will try my very hardest to keep you all updated this summer on this blog. Feel free to email me, write, or whatever! I will definitely get them, but I cannot promise I'll be able to respond. Love to you all.
"You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it."
-Ps. 139:5-6

2 comments:

  1. Amen, Camille! And praise the Lord! I'll never forget when you called me up to tell me about the mysterious $1000 that was sent to you. lol! God is so wonderful.
    Beautiful verses. :) I wish you well during your travels. My family and I are leaving this morning, eeek!
    I shall see you on the afternoon or eve of Monday!! :-)
    Love you,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Camille!

    See you Monday!!

    ~ Leah

    ReplyDelete