Saturday, May 15, 2010

Middle School Going Away Party

I help out with the middle school youth group at my church and on Wednesday night they had a little going away party for me. It was so special! We sang a couple of songs (because they know I love to sing). And the youth leader, Mike, wrote up a mad lib of my summer in Colorado. So each of the kids filled in a mad lib- it was pretty funny! Mike presented a scrapbook that all the kids had put together for me. Mike wanted me to make sure I saw the arrow from Colorado pointing back to Pennsylvania. He told me that it's a round trip so I have to come back!! He said that the blue arrow is supposed to be ripped off once I arrive in CO. ;) Mike also presented something else...Uhem...Please meet, Cornerstone Camille!! This is Cornerstone Camille. She is going to be at every youth gathering this summer and even the missions trip that the youth are going on in August. She is to be in EVERY picture as well. Just so that the youth will not forget about the real Camille. ;) THAT'S NOT ALL... Please meet..uhem... Colorado Camille!! This is Colorado Camille. And Colorado Camille will be coming to Colorado with me! She will have to be in many, many pictures with me...(ellerslie friends, that means you too) So Colorado Camille will then be able to remind me of Cornerstone Camille and then therefore I will not forget my little Cornerstone Middle Schoolers! (or Mike- he's a nervous wreck that I won't come back home to help him with the youth ;) ) So the night was filled with laughter and of course, some tears on my part. We had a time of prayer and all the middle schoolers and the parents prayed for me, for the students going to Ellerslie, and for all the teachers/staff. I will miss this group a ton, but I cannot wait to return home to share with them all that God has taught me and all that I have learned!!

5 comments:

  1. How incredibly special! I love it! :D

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! That is so hilarious, Camille, about the dolls! That's fabulous! ;) I'm so glad your church-family has been blessing you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Moo! I'm so excited for you and this trip! I know it will change your life in many ways and you will come back stronger and more steadfast than ever! :) Can't wait to hear about it. Glad to know you have a blog, now I can keep up! Love you lots!

    Krissy-girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks,Krissy-girl!I can't believe how fast it's come. I still have to send this blog to the rest of the fam!! I heard the GA Whitted's are coming in July. AND Joshua and Joanna!! I'm so bummed I'll miss them.;(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Camille! Thanks for signing my blog .. I ended up linking yours to mine, hope you don't mind?! LOVE those dolls, they look just like you. ;) The kids and I are really going to miss you on Thursdays. Good-luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete